Friday, December 14, 2012

Where we Gather...

The family room is the room we spend the most time in, it gets the most attention when I decorate each year.  The fireplace wall, with the hearth and bookcases has always been the perfect spot for my Santa collection which somehow grows each year no matter how hard I try not to add to it. This year I actually decorated the whole wall and then decided to make a change, so dear hubby took down the eagle for me.  I really like it with the mirror.




 The tree is in the same spot as last year, but I changed up the look of it by adding the beaded wire garland.  It just sparkles.

Here are some close-ups of the ornaments.  Remember I said I love  handmade things.  Enjoy!


I also love vintage...began collecting as a teenager and haven't stopped yet.




 Here are a couple of close-ups of the mantle and hearth...love the results.

The hearth was so much fun this year, I brought in the concrete garden angel, then I sort of confiscated one of my daughters’ recent flea market finds, an old window.  Love the vignette.  After that I just kept going with other vintage pieces from around the house.  Added some fresh greenery, somehow the smell of pine makes it feel like the holidays.



Please come back for a quick peak at what happens to our design studio during the holidays......


No comments:

Post a Comment