Saturday, December 8, 2012

Backing Up a Bit....

Before we get into the Christmas holidays I need to play catch up a bit.  We were on the road vending so much in September, October and November that I didn't get the chance to post about a little redo "we" did accomplish.   About a "zillion" years ago dear hubby came home with this set of 8 chairs.  The seats were a disgrace; however I never found the perfect solution nor the time.
 Well what do you know one day while wandering through the fabric store...looking for something else, I spot this fabric.  Neutral, my favorite theme of the moment "French postal" and since our last names' origins are French...it seemed perfect.  That was a few months before a scheduled surprise birthday party for "the hubby".
Boy do I wish I had photos of the day 3 of us tackled recovering the chairs,  just happened to be the "day" before the big birthday party.  We somehow conned "the hubby" into helping us, thank goodness.  He kept repeating "we are never going to finish these all today", little did he know his wife was repeating under her breath...."you want to make a bet on that".....huh....they did all get finished.   The chairs looked just wonderful and since my birthday was in a couple of days too...I just kept singing "happy birthday to me", he never suspected a thing.


Looks pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment